Tuesday, December 21, 2010

In honor of my daughter..


I'd like to deviate from my typical post today to share my daughters work. She has entered this photo in a competition to earn a scholarship for  college and can use your support. Voting is quick and easy and only takes a second. You can vote twice a day, everyday for the next 45 plus days. To win, she needs to make her way to the top. As of this writing, she is rated as 33 out of 8518. Points are earned both from votes and from posts to other sites, such a twitter, facebook and blogs.


Today, I am grateful for good friends, the generosity of strangers and sugar free French vanilla coffee creamer. I am grateful for family that lighten my load, for writers who share their knowledge and for photographers who capture what the eyes cannot. 

I am grateful for holiday wrappings, dangling ribbons and candy canes. 


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader as you stop to share my day. May your holidays be cheery and your heart be light.


UPDATE: 12/23/10: Her entry is now #28 out of 9251 entries. Thanks for your continued support.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...