Monday, December 27, 2010

“It's not the towering sail, but the unseen wind that moves the ship”

“It's not the towering sail, but the unseen wind that moves the ship”
photo by nazka2002


Too often in life we devote our time and energy into creating the most elaborate and powerful sails assuming that when we say, "I'm ready" the universe will respond and we will sail onward to reach our goals. We overlook that without the wind beneath our sails, we go nowhere.

Consider for a moment the source of the wind in your life. Many refer to the wind as God, who gives power and direction to their lives, while others prefer to call it the power of the Universe--but one thing remains the same, without the wind, your ship will never set sail.

Get in touch with your wind today as you prepare for the adventure set before you. 

Today, I am grateful for a warm home that provides a harbor to the storm, for family that binds my life together and for friends who make me smile.

I am grateful for air to breathe, for food to eat and coffee. I am grateful for warm dry socks, cozy blankets and soft pillows.

And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May your sails be strong and your wind be mighty as you sail forward to reach your goals.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...