Thursday, December 9, 2010

When you follow your bliss... doors will open where you would not have thought there would be doors; and where there wouldn't be a door for anyone else. ~Joseph Campbell

Photo by johnwollring





Yesterday we talked about finding your purpose in life and following your passion. Joseph Campbell, a scholar and professor, refers to that passion as bliss, and reminds us of how important it is to act when inspiration strikes.

Sometimes, taking action isn't easy. You may experience fear or hesitation because you aren't sure how others will react--or you may simply fear that you don't have what it takes to act on your inspiration and pursue your purpose.

May you let go of your fears today and step forth when inspiration strikes and know in your heart that you do have what it takes to fulfill your purpose and your dreams.

Today, I am grateful for a morning off to write about the things that are important to me, for time to relax and refocus my energy and for renewed energy to reach my goals.


I am grateful for the doors that open allowing me to pursue my dreams. I am grateful for light and shadows cast from the sun that beautifies my world. I am grateful for a warm home to shelter me from the cold.


I am grateful for family and friends who make my life full, for teachers who work to improve the lives of children and children who look eagerly toward Christmas.


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader as you stop to share my day. May you act when inspiration strikes and go forward boldly to fulfill your dreams.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...