Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sometimes opportunity knocks, but most of the time it sneaks up and then quietly steals away. ~ Doug Larson

photo by cohdra


Many of us are in the habit of sitting back and waiting for opportunity to knock on the front door, but what we don't consider is that opportunity is every where if we but look. 

Sitting idly by expecting opportunity to enter our lives with fanfare and announce itself is a bit naive, to say the least. If you seek opportunity in your life, you must be ready to recognize and act when it appears.

Keep your options open today and don't be too quick to close doors that may lead you down the path you should go. I'm not suggesting you follow every "fly by night" opportunity someone puts in front of you--but I am suggesting you consider your options regularly.

Today, I am grateful for the winter sun, clear roads and grocery stores that provide fresh fruits and vegetables in the midst of winter. I am grateful for seeds that lie silent throughout the winter and burst forth into lush green plants in spring. I am grateful for snow laden trees that decorate the wintry world.


I am grateful for talented and intelligent children who express there concern for the world, for family that I can count on and for friends who share my journey. 

I am grateful for the approaching new year ready to unfold, for new opportunities to go beyond what I ever dreamed possible and for recognizing them when they appear.


And, I am grateful for you dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May your opportunities be many and may you be ready to act when they arrive.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...