Saturday, December 11, 2010

“The world is full of abundance and opportunity, but far too many people come to the fountain of life with a sieve instead of a tank car… a teaspoon instead of a steam shovel. They expect little and as a result they get little.”

~Ben Sweetland  

Photo by earl53


Many Americans, it seems, live in a culture of lack, expecting nothing great from the world and quite willingly accepting a life of lack in return. But this doesn't need to be the case.

You hold the power to change your thinking about yourself and your life.Once your expectations increase, you are on your way to meeting your goals.

Today, I am grateful for Christmas lights, for multi-colored bows, and boxes tied up with ribbons. I am grateful for the fresh scent of the tree and my cat as she gently bats the balls.


I am grateful for Christmas music to make my heart light, for feelings to make my life full and words to express it all.

I am grateful for family that I hold dear, for old friends who send Christmas cheer and and snow that creates a winter wonderland.

And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you expect much and receive much as you go forward to meet your goals.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...