Sunday, December 19, 2010

Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time. ~Laura Ingalls Wilder




photo by cohdra




 My wish for you today is that you may find the simple joy of Christmas as your share memories and become childlike in your joy.  

For many of us,  money is tight and forces us to make changes in our spending this year, but don't let that prevent you from giving. 

Give of yourself, give of your time and give from your heart. If you are discouraged as Christmas approaches, take the time now to give thanks for all you have, for surely your wealth is great--if you but look. 


Today, I am grateful for the winter sun that pales in comparison to its summer brightness, yet manages to set the world aglow shimmering against the snow. I am grateful for sparkling ice, for tiny prisms of light in every snowflake glittering in the sun, and evergreens that stand proud and tall.


I am grateful for children everywhere who anticipate the coming of Christmas with joy in their hearts. May their wishes be granted and may they find pleasure in all they receive.


I am grateful for the ability to make a comfortable living from doing what I love best, for the many readers and followers I have gained during the year and for the wisdom to provide what my readers need most.


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May your days be filled with untold joy as you become a child again at Christmas.


Recommended reading:

 

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...