Saturday, April 23, 2011

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. Bill Cosby


So often in life, we let our fear get in the way of success. The thought of failure becomes so overwhelming that we avoid the very things that may bring us the most success. Often that fear is unfounded and out of proportion to the actual risks. The imagined failure we may experience  becomes magnified fooling us into thinking that if we fail to meet our goals all is lost. Don't listen to the deceitful voice of fear. Strive to quiet its voice, today, as you go forward to reach your goals.

Today, I am grateful for soft spring air, for the nearness of spring and for the tiny hummingbird as he makes his way north. I am grateful for eyes that see, ears that hear and hands that touch. I am grateful for the vision of a glorious tomorrow, for the enjoyment of the day and the memories of my yesterdays.


I am grateful for quiet moments in my garden, for shrieks of joy as children play and laughter that soothes the soul. 


I am grateful for the vastness of the Universe, the power of God and moments of pure joy. 


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you quiet the voice of fear today, as you go forward in the direction of your dreams.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...