Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes. Earl of Beaconsfield

By: Saffrodite       
There is an old saying that opportunity never knocks twice. Although its not really true--life is filled with opportunities--it is worth bearing in mind, today. Being ready for opportunities and recognizing them when they come along is the key to your success.

Many of us become accustomed to thinking of opportunities as big block buster events that hold the power to alter our entire future and are disappointed when they don't materialize. But opportunity doesn't work that way. Sometimes, opportunity comes in the guise of your fellowman, sometimes a moment of inspiration and at other times a light-hearted adventure that inspires you to more.

Think of opportunity as crack in the door that allows you to move forward without resistance or that meadering side road that holds answers along the way. Richard Bach once said, "Don't turn away from possible futures until you are sure you have nothing to learn from them." It's the same with opportunity. What seems like a little gain now, may prove to make monumental changes in the direction of your goals and dreams.

Be ready for opportunity, no matter how small, and seize it when the time is ripe.

Today, I am grateful for the many opportunities in my life to grow and learn from others, for the insight to see opportunities as they appear and the courage to follow them down the meandering path toward the future.


I am grateful for a clear sound mind to approach my day, for the incentive to work hard for what I want and the courage to take risks along the way. I am grateful for abundant work, for unbridled energy to complete my tasks and for the skill to go further with my craft.


I am grateful for insight to choose my path well, for the comfort that comes from a job well done and for new opportunities I have yet to realize.


I am grateful for family that supports my work, who provide encouragement when times are difficult and who never complain when my work occupies my time. I am grateful for their faith in me and my ability to reach my dreams.


I am grateful for people and places that serve as my inspiration, for this glorious home we call the Earth and for the magnificent Universe that holds us all.


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you find and seize new opportunities as you go forward in the direction of your dreams.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...