Friday, April 15, 2011

Life is just a blank slate, what matters most is what you write on it. Christine Frankland

I've known people who have spent their entire lives waiting for  their lives to happen--peering over the horizon waiting for their proverbial ship to come in. Typically, these people spend their lives being disappointed and never realize that they are the directors of their own lives.

Begin writing your own life today and stop waiting for some magical moment when the slate will suddenly be filled and the direction of your life will become clear. This is you life. You are the director and you have the power to produce your heart's desires.

Today, I am grateful for clothes to wear, air to breathe and the knowledge that soon I will run barefoot across fresh green grass. I am grateful my children have grown into responsible young people who have the ability to go forth and create their world.


I am grateful for the beauty of nature as it unfolds into yet another spring, for the pockets of snow that melt slowly and add moisture to the earth and for cars that provide transportation to the places we need to go.


I am grateful for buds that spring open with fully formed leaves, for seeds that contain the makings of new plants and babies who enter the world filling it with love and warmth.


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you begin writing your life today as you go forward in the direction of your dreams.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...