Sunday, April 10, 2011

To climb steep hills requires a slow pace at first. Shakespeare

So often in life we set off thinking that we should conquer out mountains swiftly. That reaching our goals is simply a matter for making a mad dash toward the goal. We become discouraged when the climb is steep and the way is difficult.

Develop the habit of working steadily in the direction of your dreams, today, realizing the climb may be slow at first. Each step takes you closer to your goal.

Today, I am grateful for the rising sun that brings the promise of a bright spring day. I am grateful for tiny green shoots of daffodils and tulips that just now have emerged from beneath the snow. I am grateful for sheets dried on the line, for spring birds that sing a chorus as I awake and for melting snow.


I am grateful for quiet moments, for Mt Katadin as it towers above the earth and tiny goldfinches that don their coats of brilliant gold announcing the arrival of spring.


I am grateful for my children who never cease to amaze me, for my husband who has always been there and for my extended family--may their days be filled with joy today.


I am grateful for those I have met along the way and those I have yet to meet. I am grateful for those who have touched me with the written word and those who have shared a bright smile. I am grateful for laughter, for tears of passion and the ability to love.


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you work steadily to reach your goals, even though the hill may be steep and the climb may be slow, at first. Have patience and know that all things are possible as you go forward in the direction of your dreams.



No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...