Thursday, April 21, 2011

“Make sure you visualize what you really want, not what someone else wants for you.”~ Gerry Gillies

Sometimes, visualizing what you want in life gets clouded by what other people want or what other people think you should do. Although it is a good practice to take advantage of the opinions of those you trust, guard against the tendency to accept those opinions as your own without careful consideration.

There are many paths in life and it is up to each of us to choose our own way, to aim for our dreams and to visualize our future.

Develop a vision of where you want to go, today, and hold that vision in your mind.

Today, I am grateful for a day of rest that allows me to gather my thoughts and refine my goals. I am grateful for my children who both have a strong vision of who they are and where they want to go. I am grateful for family that I can count on, for friends who lend a helping hand and for coffee.


I am grateful to stay inside on an icy day, for the knowledge that spring will come eventually and for gentle birds that feed eagerly at my feeder.


I am grateful for good books, soft music and inspiring photography that add new dimensions to my life. I am grateful for those who challenge my thinking, for great thinkers who have gone before me and the vastness of the Universe.


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you visualize what you really want as you go forward in the direction of your dreams.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...