Friday, July 15, 2011

Always remember you are braver than you believe, you are stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.

Promise me you will always remember . . .
I thought I share a little inspiration from Christopher Robin and Pooh this morning. I've always found it such a delightfully uplifting cartoon that never fails to make me smile. Of course, my favorite is Eeyore, with his perpetual pessimistic attitude. Eeyore may be endearing as he wallows in gloom, but it seldom so with people. When we are pessimistic or negative thinkers, not only does it drag us down, it drags those we love down with us, too.

Strive today to build confidence in yourself. Focus on the things you do well and celebrate your unique  talents and skills. Know that within you lies the ability to rise above the circumstances, to stretch beyond what you always thought possible and to live a life filled with joy and accomplishments.
I've been thinking a lot about Norman Vincent Peale's words in  Enthusiasm Makes the Difference lately. This little book is filled with quotes and inspiration, but the one that sticks with me today is his exhortation for us to "Stand tall, think tall and act tall." 


So often, we spend our days with our heads held low so our gaze falls on the ground around us. We are so willing to let the circumstances of our lives dictate what we think, what we wish for and what we do. We obligingly let the world tell us who we are and where we can go. When we stand tall, we lift up our gaze and see beyond what is at our feet and open up a world of possibilities. Practice standing and thinking tall today.

 
Today, I am grateful for quiet moments that envelope my world in peace, for noisy laughter that lifts up the soul and for the sounds of nature that awaken me at dawn. I am grateful for fresh air, clean water and healthy food to eat.  
I am grateful for hands to touch, for legs to walk and for a heart that beats. I am grateful for eyes that see beyond the horizon, for the ability to dream and for the knowledge that dreams do come true. 
I am grateful for family that has always been the center of my life, for friends who share their worlds with me and for the multitude of people who have made me what I am today. I am grateful to my parents, who have long since passed, who taught me how to make my way in the world.  
I am grateful for my children who have grown into amazing human beings who always make me proud. I am grateful for my husband who always weathers the storms and reminds me that everything will be okay. 
And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop and share my day. In the words of Christopher Robin: "Always remember you are braver than you believe, you are stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." as you go forward in the direction of your dreams.
You may like these Vinyl Wall Quotes and Signs:







No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...