Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Seven Day Mental Diet Challenge Day Two


For your inspiration!

Some of you may have noticed that I didn't update last night. That would be because my Internet Service Provider was down due to thunder storms in the area. Did I let that throw me into a tailspin of negative thinking? Almost, but I caught myself in time, grabbed a good book and headed out in my garden to read.

You've probably noticed I spend a lot of time in my garden. There is a good reason for that. Being close to nature brings out positive thoughts. Just breathing in the scents and taking in the sights lifts me up and brings me peace. When negative moods strike, you'll find me seeking solace in my garden.

Day two was a bit more difficult than day one. Not because I was less prepared, but mostly because mother nature decided to turn up the heat in my neck of the woods. You see, normally I don't do well in the heat, and I was going to tell you point blank that "I don't do well in the heat." But I caught myself, again and changed it to normally. Why? Because it is just another example of negative self-talk that prevents me from reaching my goals.

Yesterday, I found myself resisting the urge to make negative comments, that I might have classified as being honest before I started the 7 day mental challenge. Nothing big or earth shattering, but still they were there and normally I would have verbalized them.
By the end of Day Two, I was feeling pretty good about myself. I hope you've found success and are feeling good about yourself, too.




  

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...