Friday, July 8, 2011

"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -- HENRY DAVID THOREAU

Beautiful Woman or Old Hag? 

Just as the eye can be fooled into seeing what it expects or wants to see, our mind attempts to interpret stimuli in a way that makes sense to our world. Sometimes, this means misinterpreting events and situations to make them fit with our expectations. If we see the world through a negative lens, this mean interpreting life events to support our already negative mindset. But, when we develop a positive frame of mind and approach life from the positive, everything changes. Suddenly, the world is a very different place that lives up to our positive expectations.

Develop the art of viewing the world through a positive lens, today. When things go wrong, and they sometimes will, resist the urge to assume the worst and quiet the inner voice that tells you all is lost. Look for the positive and keep stumbling blocks in perspective.

Today, I am grateful for summer, for growing vegetables, clear blue skies and puffy white clouds. I am grateful for the silverly sunrise and the golden rays of sunset. I am grateful for flowers in bloom, hummingbirds in flight and the promise of the moon.
I am grateful for abundant work that allows me to brighten the days of others, for a clear sound mind and light fingers that dance across the keyboard. I am grateful for opportunities that come my way, for my daughter's smooth transition to college and for the opportunities that come her way.
I am grateful for family and friends that enrich my world. For a husband who supports my work and a son who works hard to reach his goals. 
 And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you cultivate the habit of viewing the world through a positive lens, today, as you go forward in the direction of your dreams.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...