Thursday, January 22, 2015

E-Squared: Experiment #3 Results


I just finished Experiment # 3 from E-Squared by Pam Grout. If you haven't done so already, please read my previous posts about experiments #1 and #2 and the amazing results I got before reading Experiment #3. These set the stage for building your faith in the power of your thoughts.

Experiment #3 involved making a dowsing or divining rod from an ordinary coat hanger. The object of this experiment was to observe how your thoughts control the movement of the rods.

I was absolutely amazed by the results. When I thought about negative experiences the 'rods' began to move inward and crossed in front of me. When I thought of positive, happy thoughts they swung wide open. I didn't expect such dramatic results.

I wondered if I was somehow manipulating the rods to get the results I wanted, so I had my husband, the skeptic, give it a try. Sure enough, it worked for him too - although I will admit the movement was slower and less dramatic.

But that wasn't the best part. When I hold the rods in my hands they put on quite a show, but come to a stop when I 'tell' them to. When I laugh or get excited they spin wildly in a clockwise direction. I'm assuming this is a good sign. The amazing thing is that I can stop them from spinning simply by thinking the command to stop. Grout doesn' share any information on how to put the rods to practical use, so that is something I will need to explore on my own, but I can tell you I had a blast playing with them today.

If you don't have a copy of E-Squared, yet, I certainly recommend that you get one.  Although I am sharing a brief description of each experiment, it is no substitute for the book, as Grout shares numerous stories and examples that bring the concepts to life.

Check back tomorrow to learn more about Experiment #4.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...