Wednesday, January 21, 2015

“What shows up in our lives is a direct reflection of our inner thoughts and emotions.” - Pam Grout


For those of you new to my blog, I am currently putting the Experiments in Pam Grout's book E-Squared to the test. Check my previous posts for Experiment #1 and the first part of Experiment #2. I think you'll be amazed to read what happened so far.

The second part of Experiment #2 is very similar to part #1. Grout asks us to choose an object that we want to see today. Many people choose cute little butterflies and fairies, but I figured those were a bit too easy to come by. I wanted to choose something a little more difficult.

Initially, I chose neon frogs - but I decided to revise it to just plain frogs. I'm not saying that "The Universe" can't give me neon frogs, but it occurred to me that maybe I was trying a little too hard to make things difficult. I like to think I was reducing the chances of mere coincidence, but I suspect I was really trying to trip things up. Whatever my reason, my new intention is to see lots of frogs today.
Let me remind you that I live in Maine and the landscape is frozen. It isn't likely that I will be meeting any real frogs in the garden today.
 I'll be counting any frog as a sign the experiment is working. Neon frogs would just blow me away.

This experiment runs until 12 midnight, but I'll be posting at the end of the day to update you on the number of frogs I see today.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...