Tuesday, January 27, 2015

To really believe that you’re meant to be happy is the first step to enlightenment. Pam Grout



Experiment #5 from E-Squared by Pam Grout instructs readers to ask for an answer to something that is important to them and give it 48 hours to materialize. I gave this considerable thought after the results of my last experiment. At 4:41 p.m. on Monday, I decided I needed an answer to the direction I should go with my writing, or rather for ways to earn a comfortable living with my writing skills.

As many of you know, I have been a content writer for close to 8 years now. You can see what I do HereMost of what I write comes to me from third parties who contract with others to provide content for websites and blogs. The work is interesting and it pays my bills, so I'm not complaining - but it's not exactly a writer's dream. Not anymore. As a new writer, it was exciting and thrilling to earn a living writing, but there comes a point when a writer needs to move on to new things and I think I've reached that point. 
The problem is, I'm not sure how to make that profitable. Sure, I'm working on a book - like every other writer out there - but it's a local historical book that isn't likely to gain a lot of fame. It's a labor of love to honor my mother, but was and is never intended to be a source of income.
I don't intend to give up content writing anytime soon, unless some marvelous opportunity comes my way. I'm good at it, it's profitable and for the most part it is enjoyable work. I just can't help but think that perhaps there is something better out there waiting for me.

That being said, I'm not sure what direction I want to take, so I've handed it off to God to find my answers. My ears and eyes are wide open and I'm keeping a tally of anything I think might be writing related. I've noticed an upturn in interest in my gardening site Maine Garden Ideas and I've had a couple of inquiries related to my paranormal articles. I don't know if they are related to my 'request' for guidance or not, but I'll keep them in mind.

If you haven't done so already, please take the time to read my previous posts about the experiments in E-Squared. Check back soon to find out how Experiment #5 is working out for me!
Nannette Richford's Writing Services
Maine Garden Ideas 

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...