Sunday, January 18, 2015

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. ~ Leo Tolstoy

By Stuart Miles via FreeDigitalPhotos.net
My copy of E-Squared by Pam Grout arrived yesterday. I felt like I'd just received precious cargo. I opened the package and looked at the copy. I ran my hands over the cover, read the back and then set it down beside my computer. I wasn't quite ready to peruse the pages.

I knew the book would require me to think about myself and face up to my propensity to revert to negative thoughts. I wasn't ready to take the responsibility for my own thoughts, yet. I wasn't ready to challenge my beliefs and exorcise the negative scripts I've taken years to perfect.

A little part of me begged me to just leave it alone, to pretend I didn't already know that I am capable of changing my life by changing my thinking. I let it plead for a while. Maybe I was being a little sadistic. I mean, really, I did intend to open it soon and I knew full well that I would embrace the contents. Maybe a perverse part of me enjoyed the whining and the squirming or maybe I was letting it plead its case. I really don't know.

So far, the book has delivered everything it promised. It's well-written, to the point and right on the money. I really like that Grout supplements it with statistics, like: 1) according to neuroscientists  95 percent of our thoughts are controlled by our pre-programmed subconscious mind, and 2) that 99.9 percent of our brain is devoted to things we don't want. (Imagine that!)

I am currently trying experiment ONE. This experiment sets the base for the rest of the book, (Yes, I have read ahead to see what comes next.) In simple terms, Grout instructs the reader to test the theory that the world is made up a "field of infinite possibilities" that you can access at any time. According to Grout, all you need to do is tap into the invisible field of energy that connects us all.

This experiment involves asking the Universe (or whatever you choose to call it) for a sign that it works. This sign must be something that cannot be discounted or easily explained. For example, getting paid for the job you did yesterday can't be counted as proof the theory works - however, if you get a big bonus that was not expected it may be the Universe speaking. In addition to a sign to build your faith, you will also receive a blessing. The real kicker to the experiment is you get to set a time limit of 48 hours.

I am currently waiting for my sign and my blessing. It will arrive before Monday at 9 p.m. Eastern Time. I've tried to imagine what it might be, but stop myself so I won't ruin my own surprise. I don't know when or where it will show up, but I can tell you that I have my eyes and ears wide open today.

Check back tomorrow to find out the results of my experiment.

P.S. Today I am grateful for Pam Grout's book E-Squared and the exciting journey it promises.


No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...