Monday, September 6, 2010

Happiness is an attitude.  We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong.  The amount of work is the same.  ~Francesca Reigler






photo by earl53


Consider your attitude towards life and how it contributes to your happiness. So often, we fall victim to waiting for good things to happen or postponing happiness until we accomplish a particular goals, amass enough material things or feel we have worked hard enough to enjoy some happiness.

Happiness isn't out there somewhere waiting to enter your life. Happiness is already there. All you need to do is claim it. 

Practice adjusting your attitude today and claim happiness in everything you do.

Today, I am grateful for the chill in the air, the dew on the grass, and chirping birds flitting from tree to tree. I am grateful for brisk winds that play music in the wind chimes, subtle edges of brown and gold that are beginning to outline fall leaves, and for clear blue skies.

I am grateful for work to fill my hours, creative ideas that flow freely, and profound thoughts that seize my soul.

I am grateful for the people and family that fill my life, for nature that fills my soul, and surprises that bring unexpected joy. 

I am grateful for a creator that formed a marvelous world filled with immense beauty and quiet inspiration. I am grateful for trees that stand strong in all types of weather and serve as an example of enduring strength.

And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May your attitude be light and your heart be full as you claim happiness today.
 

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...