Sunday, September 5, 2010


Those who wish to sing, always find a song
.  ~Swedish Proverb





photo by napfalevel



Consider your song, today. People recognize it by the quality of your voice, the message you choose to send and the words you choose to use. Even though the quote refers to expressing joy and gratitude in song, many choose to sing the mournful song of loss and lack. 

Guard your song carefully, today. Make it one that brings joy, uplifting both yourself and others, today. 

Today, I am grateful for light that illuminates the world, for air that fills my lungs with breath, and for soil beneath my feet. I am grateful for leisurely hours to contemplate this awe-inspiring world, for clouds that swim swiftly across blue sky, and leaves that have not yet turned to red and gold.

I am grateful for my backyard that allows me to sit amidst nature, a clothesline for freshly washed clothes, and garden beds that nourish my plants. I am grateful for plumbing, electricity and telephones that bring convenience to my life.

I am grateful for smiling children, laughing adults and animals that add color to the world. I am grateful for bees that buzz, crickets that sing, and daisies dancing in the breeze. I am grateful for the promise of a new day.


I am grateful for family that brings meaning to my life, for friends that listen to my song, and neighbors who share my world.


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you find your song and sing it joyfully throughout the day.
 

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...