Thursday, September 16, 2010

Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal. Pamela Vaull Starr

photo by NASA


Consider your deepest dreams, today. Work to transform them into goals. Only then can you work toward bringing them to life.

If you haven't done so already, begin writing down short term goals that take you closer to where you ultimately want to go. Not only does this clarify what you really want in life, it provides a road map leading to your dreams.


Start small, if you need to. There is no time limit on reaching your goals. You are free to move as quickly or as slowly as necessary. Cherish the journey and reward yourself for each milestone you reach. Remember, small steps leading in the direction of your dreams soon add up to great strides.


Today, I am grateful for old friends who encourage me, new friends that share common goals and those who spur me to look at life in varying ways. I am grateful for family, for community and laughter.


I am grateful for fall flowers that continue to bloom as frost draws near, for trees that dance in brisk fall winds, and dappled sunlight that drifts through my window.


I am grateful for opportunities to expand my craft, for the time to devote to reaching out to others, and for the wisdom to see their needs.


I am grateful for the infinite beauty of the Universe.


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May your dreams be big and your goals be clear as you go forward to make a better day.

1 comment:

Marie Anne said...

I really need to make my goals more concrete by writing them down. Thanks for this reminder.

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...