Friday, September 10, 2010


Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.  ~Maori Proverb









photo by anitapatterson

Consider where you choose to focus your attention today. You may not be able to eliminate all that is negative in the world, but you can choose to put it behind you as you focus your attention on the positive. 


Forget the shadows today and go forth with faith and conviction that you can conquer your dreams.  Have faith in yourself and your abilities today and seek out opportunities that will bring you closer to realizing your dreams.


Today, I am grateful for another day to go steadfastly toward my dreams. I am grateful for insight and wisdom to make the right choices, courage to stand for what I believe even when those around me are filled with doubt, and the joy that comes from knowing the path is always open.


I am grateful for new ideas, for happy memories and beautiful songs. I am grateful for life-long friends who support me in whatever I choose to do. I am grateful for those who question as it brings to light new thoughts, poses new considerations, and opens new pathways. 


I am grateful for the sun that brings life to our world, for the rain that nourishes the earth and darkness that brings solace to the soul. 


I am grateful for a spouse that supports my work, for my children who work steadfastly to improve their lives and for siblings that share a family bond. 

And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop and share my day. May you look always to the sun and may the shadows always fall behind you.
 

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...