Saturday, September 4, 2010

So often time it happens, we all live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key.  ~The Eagles, "Already Gone"


photo by wintersixfour



Consider the chains that bind you, today. So often we tell ourselves "I'm too tired," "I don't have enough time," or even "I'm not smart enough or good enough or talented enough to reach my dreams."

Take off the shackles today and allow yourself the freedom to pursue your dreams. Claim your right to your dreams today and know that working steadfastly toward them will bring them to pass. 


Today, I am grateful for the driving rain that soaks into the parched earth, for cool air that brings relief from smothering heat, and happy birds that sing despite the rain. I am grateful for mud puddles and frogs that stop to bathe.

I am grateful for the magnificent universe with galaxies beyond where the eye can see. I am grateful for starry nights, moonrise and sweet night air that envelopes the world.


I am grateful for those who work behind the scenes--plumbers, electricians and sewer workers-- that keep my world running as it should. I am grateful for rainforests, deserts, and mountains that help create a diverse world.

I am grateful for family to love, friends to share with, and strangers who brighten my day.


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop and share my day. May you loosen the chains that bind you and go forth to conquer your dreams.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...