Saturday, September 11, 2010

There are exactly as many special occasions in life as we choose to celebrate.  ~Robert Brault








photo by earl53

Consider what you choose to focus your energy on today. Each of us holds the power to to focus on the good things in life and celebrate the events and people in our lives that bring joy and peace into the world. Look for those special occasions in your life that give you cause to celebrate and let them be your focus.

Make a decision to cultivate a positive attitude about yourself and about your life. If you hold ill feelings toward another or harbor resentments and hurt today, make a decision to let them go. They can only hold you down and rob you of your joy. Lift up your heart and your life to the light today and celebrate.

Today I am grateful for a good night's sleep, for a soft pillow on which to rest my head and comfortable blankets to keep me warm. I am grateful for streaks of sun that tell me it is time to awake. I am grateful for pouncing cats, ambitious dogs and cawing crows that announce the beginning of a new day.

I am grateful for a day off from work so I can gather my thoughts and refresh my mind for another week. I am grateful for the great oceans that I know exist beyond my view, mountains that stand strong against the storm, and forests.

I am grateful for family and friends that bring me strength, for online friends who lift others up when they are down, and those who will cross my path as I follow my dreams and strive to reach my goals.

And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you find much to celebrate today as you lift up your heart and seek all that is good in the world. 

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...