Tuesday, September 7, 2010

In absence of clearly defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily acts of trivia. ~Author Unknown 




photo by Cohdra 



Consider your goals today. Are they vague notions of where you want to go, or are they clearly defined? Without direction our lives are destined to be spent doing the mundane, the trivial and meaningless tasks we somehow build into our lives.


Stop wasting your time on trivial things and cultivate the habit of concentrating your energies into reaching your goals.

Today, I am grateful for quiet time to work, for opportunities to refine my skills, and  the drive and desire to excel. I am grateful for the insight and wisdom to recognize opportunities, for the courage to take a chance and the energy needed to complete the tasks.


I am grateful for the sound of rain, the passing cars as others rush off to work, and for teachers who hold our children dear. I am grateful for socks to warm my feet, a solid floor on which to stand and shelter that keeps me warm and safe in the winter's storm.

I am grateful for family that fills my heart with joy and pride, for friends who always lend a willing ear, and old friends who taught me how to make my way in the world.


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May your day be filled with accomplishments that lead you to your goals.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...