Monday, January 24, 2011

"As you climb the ladder of success, check occasionally to make sure it is leaning against the right wall." Anonymous

by mensatic

Sometimes we become so focused on success that we become blinded to those around us as we single mindedly go forward to reach our goals. Instead of building a solid foundation, we lunge forward grasping at anything that will further our goals. It makes no difference if our goals and dreams are personal or professional, whether they are simply to earn a living from what we do, or if they are lofty change-the-world goals. Climbing the ladder of success without a solid wall to lean on insures that we will topple and fall.

Consider the foundation of your support, today. Leaning on people, beliefs or things that have not stood the test of time may help you rise quickly, but they will not catch you when you fall. Do what you know is right and build a solid foundation for your work, even when the temptation arises to compromise your principles in order to find success quickly.

Today, I am grateful for furnaces to heat our homes as temperatures dip into the deep freeze. I am grateful for shelter, for food and for a place to call home.

I am grateful for guidance from above as I work steadily to reach my goals, for the vastness of the universe and the knowledge that all will work together for good when I follow what I know is right and good and just. I am grateful for the ability to discern the direction I should go, for helping others along the way and for the help others extend to me.

I am grateful for early-morning quiet that allows me to focus my thoughts, for laughter and happy times that gives me strength and for warm hearts that fill me life.

I am grateful for an amazing family, for thought-provoking friends and brave leaders who blaze the way.

And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May the ladder of your success be firmly planted on a solid foundation today, as you go forth to meet your dreams.


Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...