Friday, January 28, 2011

To begin to think with purpose is to enter the ranks of those strong ones who only recognize failure as one of the pathways to attainment. James Allen

By Greenfinge
The runner doesn't win because he cannot fail; he wins because he meets failure with determination as he uses his failure to improve his performance. Why then do we think we that failure is the end of the path?

So often in life, we give up on the things that are important to us, we succumb to the slightest hint of failure assuming that all is lost without considering altering our path.

Consider your seeming failures, today and cultivate the habit of seeing them as mere bumps in the road that give you strength and  direction to the path you must take to reach your goals.

Today, I am grateful for  rolling mountains, for untamed forests and the mysterious ocean teeming with life we have scarcely discovered.

I am grateful for the vastness of the universe that we call home, for the beauty of nature and for the unseen hand that created it all.

I am grateful for changing seasons, the rise and set of the sun and the cycles of the moon that sets the world aglow on dark summer nights.

I am grateful for family that surrounds me, for friends who brighten my day and for strangers who challenge my thinking. 

And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop and share my day. May you meet failure with strength and determination today that you may find the pathway that leads in the direction of your dreams.






No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...