Saturday, January 8, 2011

Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. Ovid

Photo by demondimum



Sometimes, we get discouraged when our goals and dreams don't come quick enough to suit our desires. Instead of exercising patience we give up and go in search of other opportunities or to test the waters in other areas. 

We will never know how many opportunities we have missed due to our lack of patience, for all things come in their own time.


If you are struggling to reach a particular goal today, use care not to give up too soon. Develop the patience of the angler today as he sits quietly casting his line over and over waiting for the big one to strike. 


Today, I am grateful for the sound of snow as it lights softly on the trees, for the silent flight of winter birds and for the fragrance of winter.


I am grateful for the muffled whoosh of cars as they travel past, for the joy of dogs as they tussle in the snow and for squirrels that prance lightly on the surface.


I am grateful for electricity to light my world, for old movies and well-loved books.


I am grateful for family, for friends and readers who share my day.


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May your lines always be cast and may your catch be great.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...