Monday, January 10, 2011

Seeds of happiness

Photo by N Richford
Everything is material for the seed of happiness, if you look into it with inquisitiveness and curiosity. The future is completely open, and we are writing it moment to moment. There always is the potential to create an environment of blame -- or one that is conducive to loving-kindness. Pema Chodron

Whatever your circumstances, embrace the knowledge that you have the power to build your own future today. Begin sowing the seeds of success and happiness that your life may be full and your future may be bright.

Placing blame on others--or yourself--is a waste of energy and only serves to hold you in the grasp of the past. Take action today and leave all that is disheartening, all that is disempowering, all that is negative behind you. Choose today to make a new future filled with love and happiness.

So often we miss out on joy and peace in our lives because we refuse to let go of old hurts, old fears and old believing. Today is your day to change that. Look at your life with inquisitiveness and curiosity today seeking out opportunities to further your dreams and goals.

Today, I am grateful for multiple outlets for my work, for the ability to rise to the expectations of each and the willingness to let go of the negatives of the past. I am grateful for the unlimited potential that lies before me, for a vision of a bright future and the courage to pursue it.

I am grateful for those who offer me support, for the opportunity to better the lives of others and the insight to know what is needed.

I am grateful for the ability to live in a small rural community while accessing the world via the Internet that I may find success with my career.

I am grateful to be blessed with family that loves me, friends who are always near and to meet new people every day.

And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you let go of old hurts and old failures today and look to your future with hope as you work to reach your goals.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...