Tuesday, January 11, 2011

You are the only one who can use your ability. It is an awesome responsibility.



It's easy to think that the talents we have been given are less valuable than the talents of others. We have been raised to compare ourselves to others to see how we "measure up" in the game of life. That practice brings with it some inherent dangers. Not only does it blind us to our own unique talents, it sometimes fools us into thinking that we can never measure up to the skills and talents of others. But, it is only an illusion.

Your have your own special abilities that differ from the skills and talents of those around you. To find happiness in life and improve the lives of others, take the time to develop your talents. Look deeply and consider what you have to offer the world--you may be surprised at what you discover.


Today, I am grateful for light that allows me to view the beauty of the world, for sound that brings music to my ears and for the sense of touch that I may feel the soft fur of purring a cat or the crispness of icy cold snow.


I am grateful for good friends who encourage me, for family that sustains me and strangers who have yet to cross my path. 


I am grateful for cloudy skies that make me appreciate the sun when it appears, for snowy days that cover the world in silent blankets and for icicles that glisten in the afternoon sun.


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as your stop to share my day. May you go far with the talents you have been given.


No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...