Wednesday, January 26, 2011

When you realize how perfect everything is, you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky. Buddha

photo by Benhur

Sometimes, we become so focused on the things that go wrong in our lives that we allow it to overshadow all that is right in the world.  We are so accustomed to viewing our lives for what it lacks, that we forget that what we already have.

Strive to view your life through the lens of abundance today. Look carefully to what you already have and you will soon discover that what you lack pales in comparison. Tip back your head and laugh at how silly your obstacles really are in comparison to the goodness you have received.

Focus on the good and the just to draw more of the same into your life today as you go forward to reach your goals.

Today, I am grateful for the abundance in my life--for air to breathe, food to eat and shelter from the storm. I am grateful for work that keeps me focused, for electricity to fuel my computer and the energy to do my work well.

I am grateful for opportunities to expand my work, for insight to know the directions I should take and for the courage to follow my dreams.

I am grateful for an unseen force that directs my life, for the awe-inspiring universe that I call home and for laughter that warms the soul.

I am grateful for the people who fill my life--family, friends and neighbors who are always near. 

And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May you tip back your head and laugh at how perfect your life is becoming as you go forward in the direction of you dreams.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...