Saturday, January 1, 2011

We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day. ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce



Photo by mconnors

As we turn the page to a new year, life looms before us filled with opportunities and unexplored dreams.  Take the time today to really consider what that means to your life and set goals for reaching your dreams this year.

Don't worry that you dream too big, as that is seldom the case. It is not that our dreams are too big that cause I us to fail, it is that our faith is too small.

Cultivate the faith to believe you can accomplish your hearts desires, as your life will follow wherever you thoughts lead. It is up to you to set the sails and determine the direction you will go.

Cast off the belief that people and circumstances control your destiny, for surely your faith and determination are greater than the minor details that appear to hold you back.

Go ahead. Open the book. Begin writing the pages of a brand new year, filled with hope and promise of all good things that will come to pass. Get ready for the amazing journey that lies before you. You have the power inside you to make things happen. It's always been there. Isn't it time you set it free?

Today, I am grateful for a fresh new slate to start a new year, for the faith to carrying through and for the vision to see where I need to go. I am grateful for the "still quiet voice" that guides me, for the power to realize my dreams and the courage to stand by my beliefs.


I am grateful for the drive and determination to succeed in everything I do, for a sound mind that will see me through and for a healthy strong body to support me. I am grateful for renewed energy and a renewed mind that sees clearly where I need to go.


I am grateful for family that share my journey, for readers who benefit from my words and for opportunities I have yet to see. I am grateful for love, for laughter and for quiet moments to reflect on the beauty of nature, the song of the bird and the incredible will and faith of people around me. 


I am grateful for those who share my vision of a bright tomorrow, who are willing to work toward their goals by casting their gaze on all that is good and just in the world, and who know that the real power to change the world lies within each of us.


I am grateful for music that lifts up my soul, for a higher being that knows exactly where I should go and who never tires of showing me the way.


And, I am grateful for you, dear reader, as you stop to share my day. May your vision is bright and your heart be light as you go forth to realize your dreams in this glorious new year.

No comments:

Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things . . .

It is easy to express gratitude when things in your life are running smoothly, but a little more difficult when things get rough. We ha...